Cadillac Repair/1993 cadillac sedan Deville 4.9L engine

Question
How can I change the catalytic converter on my own

Answer
Hello,

First, have you confirmed a cat is what you need? As for changing unless you are from a rust belt state, its not that big of deal. Lift the vehicle, find the converter located in the exhaust. Either bolted, clamped or both. Remove bolts and or clamps, separate converter from exhaust pipe. Install new cat the opposite you removed.
If in OH,PA,NY,IA,WI,MN,NE,IL,MO,MI courtesy of the idiots and their salt trucks or the use of calcium chloride in the winter, you will need what we refer to as a "gas ax" A/K/A a torch to heat all the rusted components up.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter