Cadillac Repair/Electric Vacuum assist problem

Question
1986 Cad. Coupe Deville Electric pump under battery case does not cycle off anytime key is on or engine running.This is a vacuum assist unit I believe for the brakes.can't find information from Cad. Dealer shops or wiring diagrams on internet. Any help would be great. Thanks,Gary

Answer
Hello,

Not sure what you are referring to. To my knowledge, the only types of brake assist are hydro boost which are linked to the power steering or the brake vacuum booster located to the rear of the master cylinder. No familiar with any electric going to a brake assist, especially something that cycles. From your description I am wondering if you are referring to the air compressor for the rear suspension.

My best advise as to trying to diagnose your problem is to search Craigslist or Ebay for a 1986 Cadillac Deville factory service manual for purchase. That is the only way you are going to get the answer you need.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter