Cadillac Repair/1989 Cadillac Fleetwood

Penny In Lighter Blew Out My Fuses And Dashboard Went Completely Black.. I Checked Fuses Only My Relays Were Burnt I Replaced Them With New Ones.. But My Car Still Won't Start Up.. Car Cranks But Won't Start.. My Dashboard Still Don't Turn On Either What Do I Do?

If the relays (circuit breakers?) were fried, possibly the wiring on the back side oof the fuse box is as well.
The problem with Internet diagnosing on  vehicle with this event, there is no way for me to physically check the vehicle because I am not at the vehicle. There is no common "fix" for this because it is not something that is supposed to happen.
A penny in the lighter assuming it effected one circuit, should not ave effected the dash going off my memory. There are many things on the lighter circuit, but this is constant power for the radio memory, dome lights, trunk light, glove box, where as your digital dash instrumentation is on switched power, where it illuminates with the key on assuming you have digital dash.
If you have an analog instrument panel, only the night time dash lighting would be on the lighter circuit. Since you said the dash went dark, I assume it is digital.
You may have done much more damage past the cigarette lighter circuit, especially since yo state the relays were fried.
It only takes a nano second for a fire to develop from a situation like this, but the fuse should have popped and that should have been the end of your problem, a least that is in theory.
I would suggest disconnecting the battery. Then remove the fuse box and look at the other side to see if there is melted plastic or wiring and start from there.

Let me know what you find.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.