Cadillac Repair/Teves brake system

Question
I have a front wheel drive 1990 Fleetwood with the teves brake system on it. The abs light comes on and I can hear the pump running, brake pedal feels soft. This has the accumulator with it. The system is very expensive. Is there someone who rebuilds them or what would you recommend for fixing it. Would a leaking brake line cause this to happen. Thanks and please help.

Answer
Hello,

I have some bad news for you. I haven't had the nightmare of dealing with the teves system for at least 5 years and at that time I was told these units were no longer being rebuilt.
The unit can give you a spongy pedal.
As for a leak, if the master is full, you do not have a leaky line.
Normally I do not recommend junk yard on such a unit, but you may consider it as an option.
GM had many anti lock issues over the years. My 1998 olds had run with the yellow anti lock and red brake light for many years and I do not even know what system that has. Never looked, never cared because the brakes work good except for the anti lock function.

Here is a link that may assist you in your research:  https://us.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=Elex&hsimp=yhs-elex_v9&p=teeves+problems

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter