Cadillac Repair/Charge light

I have a 93 Seville sedan. Just recently when you apply the brakes the charge light comes on. Also when the turn signals are activated the charge light comes on and pulsates with the turn signals. Any ideas?

Please remember, I am disadvantaged not being at the car.

I cannot think of a reason that this happens only when you use the signals or the brakes other than a feedback situation in which you had a ground issue with the rear lighting, harness issue or a defective bulb or socket with corrosion.
The brake and signals are using the same double filament bulb for braking and signals in the rear.
Try removing both the rear bulbs. Turn signal on while running. If charge light not coming on, then not an alternator issue, because at least the two front lights will stay steady. Try putting in one bulb. Do the same thing. No charge light that is good. If charge light on, try the other bulb in the socket. What you are trying to eliminate is a defective bulb. If you find a bad bulb, replace it and you are good. If not, you have a ground issue or a defective harness causing the feed back.

Try this and get back to me.  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.