Cadillac Repair/hard start

Question
QUESTION: when the car sets it has a hard start it dose not do this daily.
I have to pump the gas or hold it to the floor when its dose start there is a large puff of smoke from the exzust I think the
converters might be pluged  I am at a lost

ANSWER: Hi,
I am lost too since you did not tell me year, make model.

Hard start is not a cat problem, so leave them alone! What color is smoke? Black?

You may want to pull the engine oil dipstick and smell the oil. It may smell of gasoline from a temporary flooded condition.

Intermittent (at times) problems are almost impossible to fix. You need the problem present to know if you fixed it.

When is the last time you changed the fuel filter?

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: I am sorry its a 2001 and I have oil in the spark plugs the smoke is white oil is good color I a, so sorry I did not give u a lot to go on
my mechanic is doing a top engine clean and replacing the plugs today

Answer
Hi Peggy,

2001 is a start==make and model?

White smoke is not oil-blue is. White smoke can indicate a blown head gasket from overheating the engine, which if a Cadillac aluminum engine I hope you did not do.
Is it oil on the plugs or coolant residue? Color of the oil was not my point. Smell for gasoline from a flooding condition. That will burn out the main and rod bearings quickly.

Not sure what he considers a top engine clean. Before these environmental whackos showed their ugly faces, to clean the upper portion of the engine, we would have engine running and inject trans fluid down the carb or in the throttle body until the engine came close to a stall. Served two purposes. Cloud of smoke so heavy, it not only cleaned the internals of the top portion of the engine, but was great for killing mosquitoes too-lol

Hard start issues are commonly caused from fuel delivery such as the fuel pump or filter.

Let my know how things work out in the future or if the problem is still there. I will try to assist you.

Merry Christmas,

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter