Cadillac Repair/1967 deville electric problems

I crossed to wires on the convertible top switch. Now I have no power to the switch. I also lost power to the Windows, seat, and tail lights. I have checked all fuses, and found none that were bad. I also did not find one for any of the above mentioned problems.

There is only one way you are going to successfully resolve your issues. There are so many variables on an old car like this. You have no clue as to what has been done to it before most likely, Corrosion issues, loose connections etc.
There is one main harness that feeds everything you mentioned and it is located at the fuse box and goes rearward. You need a factory service manual (most likely the fisher body)manual and possibly the 67' Cadillac (model) factory manual. You are going to have to locate on Ebay or Craigs. You will be able to trace the wiring from the fuse box all the way back to the tail lights and there are diagnostic flow charts. Without the manuals one is working it the blind.
Just because all the fuses are good does not indicate a connection problem you do have somewhere or a ground issue. The manual will also tell you as to what is on each circuit.

Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.