Cadillac Repair/1981 cadillac eldorado biarritz

Okay i have an 1981 cadillac eldorado biarritz it has the 368 motor been slowly fixen its problem latly thow im losted it starts when it wants has hardly any power and it misses iand sum times the digy dash gos deam today i had it idealing and the speed omider was going crazy one min it was at 30 then 60 mind u it was in park things i have done replaced the cap rotor plugs wires ig cole fuel pump and filter
And then alt belt an fan belt idk where to start plz help me

My first question is do you still have the 4-6-8 connected? If so, there is one wire under the hood that needs to be disconnected and it will run on all 8 at all times very nicely. The 4-6-8 was an engineering mistake and was nothing but problems.

The dash issue can be many things. It could be as simple as a loose ground under the dash, or could be a speed sensor, IP cluster and on and on. To properly diagnose without wasting money replacing perfectly good parts on a guess, you need to go to craigs or Ebay and obtain a 1981 Cadillac Eldo/seville service manual. There are diagnostic flow charts that will guide you to the correct repair.

The manual will help you with future maintnance and repairs and save you lots of dollars!

Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.