Cadillac Repair/trans shifts hard and late

Question
I have a 1991 cad rear wheel dr brhmn 307 and suddenly it started shifting hard-slamming into gear after going past regular shift point- bought a shift solenoid but nothing like it on my tranny. need location-pic would help where its located and pic of part! or info on what is cause of this prob-car has 170000 miles and ive had 4 of these and always reached 200k with no tranny probs. Thanks in advance on any help u can give me!

Answer
Hello,

It has been over 15 years since I worked on one of these for a shifting issue however I remember a very common situation which was the adjudtment of the shift cable at the throttle body under the hood.
The best tool for diagnoses and repair of the transmission and any future problem without changing parts on a guess and wasting valuable time and money.
Try to purchase a cadillac rwd brougham service manual from craigslist or Ebay. The diagnostic flow charts are excellent for finding any problem in the vehicle as well as the location of specific components.
This enables a person to get the right disgnoses every time.
The manual is what us oldtimers used at the dealer.

Good luck!

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter