Cadillac Repair/no firing

Question
I have a 1994 cad Seville. I have replaced the module--distributor-coil-and had it timed. Some say it has a crack shaft sensor--bought one--still no fire--what can it be? It has a 4.9 engine---no codes showing up on it.

Answer
Hello,

As you are finding the hard and expensive way, guessing what the problem is just does not work on computerized vehicles. You will never fix the vehicle that way.
How do you now it is not a fuel delivery issue? Many things electronically can go wrong without offering a diagnostic code.
Look, I am not at the vehicle and it is anyone's guess as to what your problem is.
I would recommend going to Ebay or Craigs list and obtaining a 1994 Cadillac Seville factory service manual and use the diagnostic flow charts to walk you through the problem without guessing and replacing perfectly good components.
What you are doing a dealer will do as well as include labor and never fix the problem.
The other option is to take the vehicle to a reputable service center.
I am curious as to where you obtained the suggestion of a cam sensor, module, distributor and coil. The Internet?
There are many things I am capable of diagnosing over the Internet, but driveability problems, no one without using a manual and possible a tech II scanner can repair without being at the vehicle. Such information is irresponsible and leads the car owner on a costly goose chase.
Get a manual, it will save you lots of money over the coming years.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter