Cadillac Repair/traction disabled ABS light on

Question
I have a 95 Eldorado base coupe with Traction disabled message and ABS light on...ran on-board diagnostics and get current codes I034 & T077 can't clear pcm because it says no pcm data.With traction disabled I don't have first gear,A/C won't blow cold and dashes in fuel read-out area.What and how would I go about fixing this problem.Changed front hubs thinking it might be bad wheel sensors but still have same issue....Help!!

Answer
Hello,

Diagnostic codes in the computer are pretty much worthless and only give you an idea as to the circuits failing. One code can cause a cascading effect as well. As you found, guessing as to the problem is just a waste of time and money.
To repair this problem over the Internet is not going to happen and requires personal interaction with the vehicle.Never go to a dealer for repair, because the will guess as good as you replacing perfectly good components and giving you a bill for an unrepaired vehicle.
there are only two ways of diagnosing the exact problem. One is to go to a reputable service center that has a Tech II scanner.
The scanner checks all computer and sensor circuits and possibly can pin point the problem.
The other option is to go to Craigs list or Ebay an obtain a factory service manual for this vehicle. The manual has diagnostic flow charts you can follow to pin point the exact problem. We relied on the manual at the dealer to repair any problem.

With the check engine light on and not being able to start from first gear, your emision system is ot functioning properly and engine performance also suffers.
You cabn see if you can download a manual from http://www.alldata.com, but the vehicle might be to old for them to have one.

One cannot change parts on a guess to a computer controlled vehicle. The computer (BCM) compensates and will set off codes unrelated to the original problem.
I just don't want to see you wasting anymore money.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter