Cadillac Repair/1994 cad a/c

Air conditioner on my 1994 Cadillac Sedan d Ville works fine - but
air does not always come out vents  doors/flaps that direct air to vents "close"  air is blowing behind the dash   then with no apparent change of circumstances the air will suddenly be directed to the vents again  I have replace the programer twice with used ones as new cost is prohibitive  there is vacuum to the programer
any ideas as to where to look next   Thanks

You are on the right track with the vacuum. I would be seeing if I could rent a vacuum pump at a parts store. Start checking doors by applying vacuum to them. See if you have a door sticking or binding or if there is a line problem.
You state circumstances do not change, but you did not say if driving or sitting.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.