Cadillac Repair/instrument lights in center console

Question
2001 cadillac eldorado ESC. in the center console at the very top above the radio, there are 5 buttons titled "trip reset", "info reset", "Info" "Trunk" and "Fuel door". Each of these buttons has a bulb behind it that light them up. How do I replace the bulbs behind these buttons

Answer
Hello Joe,

Ok, the first issue is the chance 4 bulbs next to each other are laa burned out is very slim. On man of these vehicles and is probably the case here, is that the bulbs cannot be changed individually. These are not the old very common 194 bulbs. These are mini bulbs with no holder. They are soldered into a printed circuit board. These circuit boards are made of plastic and over the years are exposed to extreme cold or extreme hot ambient temperatures as well a vibration causing the circuit boards to crack or end up with open circuits. The first thing you need to do is take a test light and see if there is power going to the circuit board with the lights on. If there is, you may want to go to a junkyard and find a used panel. The problem is the used panel might be in the same condition or have one or two bulbs that illuminate.
This is a real common problem with factory stereos and the back lighting on older vehicles. In fact, my 2001 Suburban has the same issue on a rear console control, in which one bulb works and the other doesn't and of course, integral with the circuit board.
You may want to check http://www.rockauto.com to see if they have the circuit board new. I doubt if Cadillac even has these parts anymore and if they do, be prepared for sticker shock.
Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Please feel free to visit our website for information about insurance claim investigation and claim denial on auto theft matters not presented by anyone else.
Serving as a rebuttal expert witness on the subjects of vehicle theft, forensics, vehicle fire analysis for 18 years, qualifying in 19 states and federal court on numerous occasions in both criminal and civil arenas commonly representing insureds denied on their auto theft claims. Having approximately a 95% prevailing side rate.
Although we still have expert witnesses available, my position is that I am much more effective to plaintiff attorneys as an un-named consultant of which through my consulting, I can supply the client attorneys with questioning that can cause every one of the insurance forensic locksmith experts to self impeach. Once the carrier's expert is gone, the investigation in most cases can't determine if said vehicle was or was not stolen and they had no right to deny the claim! That is known as bad faith and I am an expert in this area as well. The firm serves 50 states and Canada.

I also serve my insured client under Power of Attorney to mentor them on investigation questioning during interviews and Examination Under Oath. I also represent clients that have been denied on their theft claim with a very good success rate.
Commonly, the first thought is to hire an attorney. Most attorneys however will admit this is the first case of its type they have been involved in. What would you prefer to have representing you if your claim is denied? An attorney who's experience will be your case? Or me, who has been focused on these matters including the insurance investigation protocol for over 2 decades?

Enjoy the information! It will happen to you if your vehicle is stolen!  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter