Cadillac Repair/1992 Cadillac Deville

Question
Hi rob it has been awhile. I am having an accleration problem with my 1992 Cadillac Deville. When I try to get on the interstate and I floor it the rpms raise I can hear the motor reving but I get no accleration. The car does not increase MPH. I can hit the gas going 40 and I have to lift my foot to get it to acclerate a little. Not sure if it is a fuel problem or what. I had the neutral safety switch come on twice awhile back ago and it hasn't been on in awhile. Not sure if this could have any affect. Thanks.

Answer
I believe I answered this question in a later question, because I was going to say from the description, it sounded like the transmission was slipping.
I received a question on the same type of vehicle yesterday asking about pulling the transmission pan off to drop the fluid, because the fluid was brown and smelled burned.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter