Cadillac Repair/1992 cadillac seville fuel pump

Question
How much labor is involved time-wise in replacing the fuel pump? Will I have to have the entire fuel pump assembly replaced?

Answer
Hello,

It appears you are asking for an absolute answer to a question that has so many varibles.
If you are doing it yourself and have no mechanical inclination. If you have the mechanical inclination, but don't have the needed tooling. If you are located in the rust belt with the possibility of snapping off the tank strap hold down bolts If the fuel tank is full or empty. There are more that haven't come to me right off hands.

If you have a decent rolling jack and a piece of wood and hopefully less than 5 gallons (1 gallon weighs approximately 8 pounds)and you are not dealing with rusty hold down strap bolts, it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours or less.
You need to replace the fuel pump assembly and make sure you get a new sock as well (Very fine filter that goes in the fuel pump inlet). You need to get rid of all of that gas. Make sure there is no sediment in the tank.
The job itself is not a big deal. It's just the variables that are a problem.

If it has not been changed or if it was change and still having a fuel supply issue, change the filter too!

Good luck!

http:/www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter