Cadillac Repair/1992 cadillac seville repair

Question
MY 1992 Seville will sometime start in the morning and after warming up will cutout and can't be started again and and/or runs terribly? My mechanic checked fuel pump and is ok. He then replaced fuel filter and changed an ignition mod. This was  not the problem and mod.  original was reinstalled. My mechanic is still looking for cause. Any ideas on where to look next? Also checked rotor and is fine.

Answer

Your mechanic has a strategic advantage over me. He is at the vehicle and he knows what he has changed and seen and I have no way of knowing.
Just because the fuel pump is putting out the right pressure does not mean there isn't a fuel problem. You could have water in the tank caused by years of condensation from not leaving the fuel tank full or where you have gotten the fuel, it may be contaminated. The first thing I would try is to dump one can of heat in the tank (no more) which should take care of any water issues.
You have the OBD 1 computer system, which was replaced in 1994 and is used currently. The OBD 1 left plenty of room for guess work for diagnostics. Not always does the check engine light illuminate giving a trouble code. You could have so man different things that could be causing you problem electronically. ECM (Computer) could be the problem. I do not recommend parts changing on a guess. It can get very costly.
Try the heat first and see if that does the trick. Its cheap and won't hurt the vehicle. You may want to put a can of fuel injection cleaner on your next full tank and see what happens
Let me know what happens.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter