Cadillac Repair/'96 caddillac sedan de ville

Question
QUESTION: Can u tell me what is the clicking noise coming from the oil pan of my '96 caddillac sedan deville when. I start the car? What would make the oil pan make a clicking noise?

ANSWER: Hello,

Here is the problem. I am not at the vehicle. People use their own definitions for a sound and what you call clicking, someone else may call a knock. Without being at the vehicle, it is impossible to diagnose your problem accurately.
The noise may not even be coming from the oil pan area and could possibly be from the exhaust in the immediate area.
Possibly you ran over something and put a dent in the oil pan creating a clearance issue causing such a noise. I do not know what to tell you other than I have never heard an obvious clicking noise emitting from the oil pan area, but I have hear knocks caused by main and connecting rod bearings that were lacking proper oiling.
Your question s rare and is not a common issue and I really don't want to guess sending you in the wrong direction. I would recommend you have the vehicle looked at by a competent technician (Never a dealer).

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: Thanx. One more thing. Hopefully u mite have a better idea of what I'm askn. The noise I'm hearing speeds up n goes faster as I press on the gas to where u can barely hear it as the engine is reving up. But once u release the pedal it goes back to a slower constant clicking/knocking.  This noise is coming from the exhaust/oil pan/trans pan area. If u have any suggestions to eliminate this noise please let me kno. Thanx.

Answer
Hello,

Here is my point. I do not see the sense in supplying guess work that may not apply to your situation, which can cost you needless money in replacing perfectly good components. These engines did have oiling issues as well as something your complaint is not covering, but over heating problems. I love Cadillacs and have owned over 20and have worked on them since the 70s, but some had issues.
Believe it or not, you would save money taking the vehicle to a competent mechanic. A stethoscope can be used to determine exactly where the noise is coming from.
Sound travels and what seems from the engine could be in the transmission or exhaust.
I would love to answer your question, but I really have no clue as to what it is without being at the vehicle. It would be irresponsible for me to do such a dis-service to one of my questioners. There are just too many moving parts involved!
Transmission torque converter bolts could be loose. It could be anything!
Please do not rate m as not being knowledgeable. No one on the Internet with any credibility concerns would answer such a general question accurately. As stated before, your complaint is not common like a no start at times, over heating issues or even the fan blower running until the battery is dead. With this being said, I cannot accurately answer this question.
After you have someone diagnose the problem being at the car, please let me know what it turns out being.
Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter