Cadillac Repair/cadilac repair

battery discharging overnight

You may have a parasitic draw. Purchase a cheap test light from a parts store. Disconnect the positive battery cable. Place the test light between the battery post and the cable. If the test light is on, you have a draw.
Finding it can be more challenging because opening the driver's door will also light the light. Remove the dome fuse. If the tight goes out, you know it is in that circuit. If not, it is some where else and you will need to remove and replace fuses until you find the source. Keep in mind, you need to look at the owners manual for multiple fuse boxes too.
If you find that the problem is in the dome circuit, there are many things on that circuit and you will need to start removing bulbs until the test light goes out. The cigarette lighters will need to be unplugged one by one. You ay want to search the internet to see what is on the dome circuit for your year make and model.
Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.