Cadillac Repair/Cadillac 2007 SRX AWD

Please help desperate for answers.  I have put so much money into this car lately.  Now a weird noise like a low squeak comes from under hood on the driver side when my a/c is on. When i turn a/c off the noise will continue a little over minute then stop. Like a belt is going bad? I don't have money to keep taking to dealer.  Any suggestions?

I would love to help you, however the reality is without being at the car and only on the Internet, it is impossible for me to diagnose your problem. I will state the worst place you can go is a dealership filled with parts changers, and you are much better off going to a recognized service gaage. They have all the same equipment and knowledge, but are less expensive and concerned about fixing the problem right in the first place.
Unfortunately, the general line of thinking is who knows more than the dealer? From my 11 years with dealership technicians and beyond, I could probably say every body.
I understand about money constraints better than most, but I don't want to send you off on a wild goose  chae causing you all sorts of money replacing perfectly good components.
I hope you appreciate that.

Good luck and let me know what the diagnosed problem was.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.