Cadillac Repair/lug post replacement

QUESTION: I have a frontwheel drive 1993 cadillac seville sts4.6 ..the roter and calliper are off.the whole front is off the ground.the right tire will make a full turn.the left wheel will only turn 1/4of the full circle and wont let me replace/install the new lug!!

I read this four times and am still confused. Are you speaking about the rotation or the wheel or turning the wheel from right to left with a steering wheel? If you are referring to the tire rotating, did you place the transmission in neutral?
Sometimes because of space limitations, the hub needs to be removed to change the lug studs.

QUESTION: Ok.thanks for response.i was for neutral,yes or i couldnt turn the wheel at all(not directional) (frontwheel drive)

Here is my problem answering the question as to why the left hub won't turn. I am not at the vehicle and I don't have the ability to see what is going on. The reason I asked if in neutral was that was the first thing I thought of The only other thing I can think of if the vehicle had no drive line issues, would be that with the wheel and tire on the right side that you have more leverage to turn, whereas you are trying to turn a small component the hub.
I have always removed the hub from the spindle/axle when I replaced broken studs, so I was attempting to turn just the hub and there is stiffness in the driveline. I do not know how many studs you are needing to replace, but have you tried tying the caliper out of the way, putting the wheel and tire on the left side and seeing if it would rotate?
Please realize situations like this are frustrating for me because I can't see what is going on.
I just had a question on a battery discharge-there is a standard answer for that and I don't have to be at the car.
Let me know what ends up happening with it.
Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.