Cadillac Repair/airbag modual

Question
Hi Ron
My previous queaton was about the dash cluster being programed to match my car. The dealer here was able to match it but it did not solve my airbag light. The dealer told me that the airbag light now is because the (SDM) airbag module sensor under the front driver seat is bad.I got a different one out of a 96 seville, mine is a 95,. The parts dept told me that it had to be out of a 95 or 96 only.must be seville but not just a sts or a sls. mine is a sts.The used part could be bad also I guess,but the module is sealed air tight and the inside of the car was dry. My questions are.
1: Can the moduel be used in a different car ?
2: Does the module have to be programed and can it be programed ? The dealer did not say and I didn,t know to ask. When the new replacement moduel were avalible did the dealer have to program them?

Answer

Ron is my brother, I am Rob.
Try this: Turn ignition on (don't start) for 10 min. Turn off. Turn on 10 min, Turn off. Turn on for 10 min turn off. 30 minute cycle that reprogrammed vehicles of that era, and if you had a cut transponder key on 2000 up (You have VARS and not transponder) this is how you would reprogram a key as will without using a Tech II scanner.
Try that and see if that fixes your problem. Let me know.

You did not state where you are located. If not California, in many states there are ways of getting out of the SRS light being on.
Example: Texas, which is pretty stringent, all emissions and safety lights can not be illuminated in Dallas for inspection. Go 40 miles east, and none of it matters. Other states are like that as well except for sure California.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter