Cadillac Repair/Cadillac deville battery drain

Question
QUESTION: I recently pulled the fuses and found the issue to my battery draining was the 12 fuse the auto level control that is draining my battery.  I was wondering how to fix it? also are there any cheap and easy ways to fix it?

ANSWER: Hi,

You did not state the year. Sounds like the air compressor may be running when it is not supposed to due to an air leak in the lines or the shocks.

Soap and water on the fittings and lines and shocks. Watch for bubbles. That is your leak.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: I'm sorry it's a 1990 Cadillac coupe deville.   Would a leak cause the battery to drain?

Answer
Hello,

Under the hood on the driver's inner fender you will find the compressor. Disconnect the wiring connector. If car sagging in morning, plugging back in will bring the rear back up again.

Yes. Compressor would run to fill the suspension. I have run across it many times.
If not the problem, I would suggest you obtain a factory service manual for a 1990 Deville/Fleetwood from Ebay or Craigs. Best tool you can ever have and will constantly save you money. They are about $100.00. 8 pounds. Just looked one up for a 1992.
You can use the flow chart for diagnoses to see what all s on that circuit, so you can start disconnecting components til problem stops.

As I said, most common is compressor running battery down at night.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter