Cadillac Repair/fuel pump replacement

Question
1993 allante fuel pump replacement do yo have to drop tank

Answer
Hello,

Yes, you absolutely do need to drop the fuel tank to change fuel pump. Not that big deal except for two potential caveats. #1 being as to how much gas is in the tank. A gallon of gas weighs approximately 7 pounds. Gas would have to be pumped out of tank.
#2 if the car has been driven in the winter in those God forsaken rust belt sates in the winter, like Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan too name a few in the winters that employ chemicals such as road salt, calcium chloride and the like that instill rust. Obviously, one cannot heat up rusted nuts with a torch and are reliant on a good penetrating oil.

Be sure it is a bad fuel pump first, in which the engine cranks, but will not start. Many symptoms can cause this. and first and foremost, make sure the fuel filter is replaced on a car this old. Also when changing the fuel pump, get a new "sock" which is thee fine screen filter at the fuel pump inlet inside the tank. They are about $10.
If you need a fuel pump don't buy from dealer. Check out 1A auto parts who have many do it yourself videos (Very helpful), Rock Auto who have quality parts on the Internet. Autozone and O'reily locally is fine too.

I have owned a coupe Allantes and will be getting yet another. Great cars, and in m opinion much better than their MB counterparts.

Good Luck!

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter