Cadillac Repair/93 seville 4.9 intermitent stalling

93 Seville 4.9 113k runs fine but will stall intermittently after warms up (20 min t0 30 min) Starts right back up changed rotor, cap and iac. cleaned throttle plates and an intake tube in throttle was carboned pretty well (cleaned). current codes from climate control- P041, I039, R022 and R015. History codes-P052,I052,I039,R017, R026 and A048. Seems like quite a mess and mechanics I talk to do not know where to start. Do not know how reliable computer codes are no one has ever had any success clearing change oil, service eng. etc. I am sure this is a hands on situation but if you can give me any starting point or direction I would appreciate it. Changing plugs and wires appear that you would have to move the engine forward. The plastic on the connector in the distributor was pretty corroded. Could be arcing there? Is there anything short of replacing the distributor I could use to seal those wires Thank You

I don't think you will like my answer, but I agree with your mechanics.
They seem reputable that they don't want to take your money in search of a problem they can't fix.
I understand your frustration be here is the key as to why it can't be fixed at this time"intermittent."
Unless the problem can be replicated each time to late the problem, all you are doing is chasing ghosts.
You are dealing with a symptom that could have different variables to it.
It is not like looking a plug with the electrode burned off or a cap with carbon tracks. It runs, quits starts back up. This can be a very difficult problem to find until it gets more consistent.

For changing the rear plugs, it been 15 years since I turned one of these up and I know there is not a lot of clearance.
The last car I tuned up like that with transverse mounted was my ex-wifes 1999 Grand Am. Ripped the Hell out of the tops of my hands, but managed to get the plugs in and out.Lots of cussing,use of a wobble extension and to get the plugs started a piece of vacuum line. Had one less plug than what you have to deal with.
You might search for a YouTube video for tuning one of these up. I am sure you will find more than one.

I am not exactly sure what wires that you are referring to that you are trying to seal at the distributor. If you are referring from the outside, I would tell you to use permeate blue silicone.

The diagnostic codes you pull up through the A/V only give a general area as to the circuit involved as a problem to the emission system, which sets off the check engine light.
I am answer your question on my phone, which prevents me from checking the computer system in your car because right around that time GM went from OBD I to II. ObD I is a dinosaur and very difficult to diagnose, even with the OTC scanner for it. ObD II is still used today and service centers (not dealer) have Tech II scanners that will pin point the issue causing the code. I know 1994 was II. Cadillac may have been a year ahead of the other GMs.

Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.