Cadillac Repair/ABS-Traction Control - clearing light

Question
Rob, on my 2004 Cadillac SLS I have a C1232 front left wheel sensor code.  Obviously this is flagged on my dash - "ABS-Traction Control" lights are illuminated.  Ok, so I have cleaned the sensor and checked the connections - but my issue is I CANNOT CLEAR THE ABS-Traction control lights manually with my scanner or from the dash control that Cadillac offers.  On my scanner and on the dash control is asks -- Clear codes?  I answer Yes - the chime on the dashboard goes off, but the light remains illuminated and after rechecking with scanner or from the dash control the 1232 code remains.  I understand the the fault-problem may still remain, but my problem is simply resetting all the codes and running the car for a new readout.  Is there something peculiar to ABS-Traction control light clearing manually?  As always, thanks for your expert input - Respectfully - Steve B

Answer

You have what is known as a hard code. There is steal something wrong that you may have missed keeping that warning light on.
The problem could be anywhere. Another sensor, the abs, the computer. It is so hard to say without being at the car and the correct diagnostic equipment (tech II).
The cheapest and easiest way (don't go to a dealer) is find a repair garage that has a tech II and get the problem correctly diagnosed. Might cost you $50, but you will know what exactly is wrong.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter