Cadillac Repair/car want start

Question
QUESTION: I have 94 caddy fleetwood i replaced the fuel pump had the ignition switch did now its just turning over want start but still turning over could you please help me do you think it will be cranking sensor

ANSWER: Hi,

What was the original problem? Why would you change ignition? Cheaper to bypass.
If VATS fails, engine won't crank.
You need to stop changing parts on this car by a guess. Why did you change the fuel pump?
Do you know if this is a fuel delivery issue or electronic.
There are so many things that could be the problem, and you will go broke trying to replace these parts on a guess!

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: How do you by pass the whole system cause by just using the resistors that just for the ingnition switch in the reason i replaced ignition cause i thought the chip in key was bad to come to find out it wasnt that it was the fuel so how would i bypass the entire system

Answer

First of all, the problem you had with not starting was not the ignition lock cylinder with harness, an the reason is that when the VATS wires break in the steering column, the engine will not crank!

Turning the ignition lock, will not crank the engine.
The only method I am aware of as to the bypass is to install a resistor in line bypassing the wiring all together. When the engine crawls, VATS is not your problem.
As for bypassing the whole system, I am not aware of any such bypass, because the system is engineered into the vehicle.
It is very common to assume that because the engine does not start, the problem has to be in the anti theft seem. 99.9% of the time, VATS is not the problem.
You ask me if you should change the crank sensor. I am afraid you will do this in vain as well.
How do you know this is a fuel issue and not an electrical/e k electronic problem?
Some will apart starter fluid down the intake and get the engine to start and run momentarily. Never do this! Very dangerous and can do severe damage to the engine. You can put gasoline down the intake with a spray bottle to at least determine this is a fuel delivery problem.

If the engine does not start spraying gas down the intake, the problem is not a fuel problem.

What happened directly before the engine would not start? Was the service engine soon or check engine light on?
Why did you change the fuel pump?
Why did you believe the fuel pump was bad?
Here is the problem with guessing: you end up chasing ghosts costing you money and time and never fixing the problem.
The truth of the matter is, that no one on the Internet can help you solve the problem you have.
To get an accurate diagnoses, you are going to have to get the car over to a reputable garage (never a dealer) that has a tech II diagnostic scanner to find out exactly what the problem is.
What if you change the crank sensor and still have the same problem?
You could have a spark issue, a bad computer, sensors!
I don't want to see you spending good money after bad!
As I said in the beginning, I am not aware of any other way of bypassing the VATS other than with a resistor, but I have never seen the system fail, other than a no crank situation from broken VATS wires, or a bad computer.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter