Cadillac Repair/Cannot get '99 DeVille out of park

Caddy steering column
Caddy steering column  
I have a '99 DeVille.  Multiple problems so I decided to part it.  One problem was the electrical system quit working.  This kept me from being able to get the car out of park.  Now that I'm nearing the end of my project, I still have not been able to override the interlock system that normally has you press down the brake before shifting out of park.

In the picture I provided, I circled the cable coming out of the interlock solenoid.  I figured manually moving this would solve my problem but it has not.

How do I go about getting a '99 DeVille out of park when the electric system is dead?

With the electrical system down I assume you are just trying to push it or roll it into a garage or something. If this is all you need to do, block the wheels. Open hood and find transmission shift cable. You will search for the transmission linkage. There will be a cotter pin and a nut you will remove and wiggle off the linkage cable. Then take the lever coming from transmission and move backward or forward. I don't remember which, but does the same thing as your shift handle does. When you want back in park, just reconnect and adjust linkage.
In the event there is a different style cable at the transmission linkage, that has a ball that that attaches to the linkage. The cable has a bracket securing it. On the cable head there is a hole that fits over the linkage ball known as a bell crank. Take a good size screwdriver and pry cable head from ball. You can now shift transmission from under hood. Your shift lever in the car will still be locked, but you can roll the car to where you can get the electrical fixed like a garage.
I had the same issue happen when my battery went dead in my Ford truck. I popped the linkage and rolled truck into garage where I could charge the battery.
The problem with trying to bypass the brake over ride is there isn't any good info on a system that is electro mechanical.

Tell me what happened with electrical and I will try to assist.
The time to take the vehicle out of gear is less than a minute to get the car to roll.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.