Cadillac Repair/sudden acceleration

my 1991 deville 4.9 suddenly accererates and sometimes the gas pedal vibrates what should I/can I do

Is the sudden excelleration an intermittent problem or does it happens all the time?
As for the gas pedal vibration. As indicated by you appears to be intermittent because you say "Sometimes."
Intermittent problems are the  The most difficult to find.
You need to consider a variety of issues to rule then our one
by one.

Does this happen with a warm engine or cold engine
Does it make a difference if the weather is cold outside?

The accelerator cable is similar to other cables in the car. You have braided wire that runs through a plastic housing. A strand of wire comes loose and you will find the cable bind. This could be your sudden acceleration issue.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.