Cadillac Repair/car won't start

i replace a stater on 19*94 cadillac seville sls kow it won't start  it say stater disable due to thift sestem

You probably didn't need a starter in the first place. All one needs to do to diagnose is to put a test light to the solenoid and have someone else put ignition in START position. No light, no power, not a bad starter.
Your problem goes back to a very common use of defective GM engineering in what was hailed as an anti-theft system known as VATS (Vehicle Anti-Theft System) junk.
Never a question if it would fail, the question was-when?
That is what that big black ugly resistor chip was embedded in the ignition key blade for.
Over priced and the dealer will charge $800 to replace the ignition lock/harness and you will have the issue pop up again. Dealer will not bypass this junk.

Call a vehicle alarm store and get a price for bypassing the system. Should be around $60.00.

I have done thousands of these bypasses since 1990. It was done for remote start so the engine could be started without a key in the ignition.

System has thin wires like the old land line telephone. Constant movement would cause the wires to break inside insulation. You will never find the break! Every time you move the wires they go back together and since broken inside insulation, you will never see the break.
To temporarily start, you can try tilting column and try starting in different position because you are moving the wires. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. At least that would save you a tow to alarm store.
They are installing an in-line resistor lying to computer thinking it sees the correct key every time.
Thank God GM overused this system that lost its protection ability after 2 years for 19 years!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.