Cadillac Repair/1995 cadillac deville delegance

Question
recently aquired this Florida garage stored cadillac. (dad died now my 17 year old is driving it) this is its first new england winter.  two problems it has developed are wipers go on,  hi low intermittent work,but Don't shut off until car is turned off.  also sunroof seems to be leaking. my husband says wiper motor bur i say if everything work except off it must be in the control lever. and can we juat try sealing the rubber around the sunroof with sime type of silicone sealer.

Answer
Hello,

Without being at the vehicle, it is hard to say about the wipers and I can only give suggestions. Problem could be a bad park switch it the motor which requires replacement. Check the ground at the wiper motor, and yes it could be the wiper switch. The wiper switch is not the handle you use for the wipers and cruise. The switch replacement requires steering column disassembly. That lever you use pulls out of the wiper switch, which is in the column.
I would highly recommend obtaining a factory service manual for the car on Ebay or Craigs. It will save a ton of money n guess work for all repairs.

As for your roof leak--Diagnoses--Nightmare!!! I fixed leaks on these new. Rarely were they leaking where you thought they were. Sealing could create more problems if the problem is plugged drain tubes.
See if you can get a 19996 Deville body manual. The service manual may cover the roof, but if not then you need a body manual.
It has been so long since I fixed one f these, but I remember drain tubes diverting water out of the rear 1/4. With all the stuff from trees and in the air in Florida have fallen on the top, I would be thinking drainage as your problem.

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Auto Theft Claims Master

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter