Cadillac Repair/1995 cadillac sedan deville

Question
I have a 1995 Cadillac sedan deville and here lately,its been sputtering and eventually shutting off completely and after so many minutes of it "resting", I can turn the ignition and it'll fire up just fine only to do it again a few minutes later and it'll continue doing as such until I get where I am going. I can let it set in my driveway over night and it'll drive fine for so long then start the sputtering and stalling as I mentioned above. I even tried berryman b12 in it and let it set in the car over night and the car ran flawlessly for 3 days then started the sputtering and stalling again. I'm getting highly frustrated and am literally about to wash my hands of this car. I've also had different people tell me that it could be the spark plugs and/or wires plus several other folks say it could be this,that and the other.......PLEASE HELP ME!!! I really like this car

Answer
Hello Joe,

Well, I am at a severe disadvantage not being at the vehicle, but I will try to give thoughts that won't waste your money.
It is very common for people to think of required maintenance to the fuel delivery system. When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?
The quality of gasoline we get is horrible these days. There is a gas station down the street from me that sells their fuel much cheaper than any other. At night one can see a "Clean Fuel" truck by the tanks with a hose going into the tanks. What they are doing is removing the water from the low grade fuel.
Water forms in tanks and wherever stored before delivery from condensation. It is a natural event, but some filling stations use fuel that really is not fit for vehicles. There may also be sediment laying at the bottom of the tanks. The tanks could have leakage underground. Bottom line, if a few filter is not replaced every 10,000 miles or within a year, the driver is on borrowed time.

With this in mind, inside the tank on the sending unit/pump assembly there is a very fine screen known as a sock that can plug, totally shutting off fuel. At this point, I am not telling you to drop the fuel tank and clean it, but what I recommend is changing the filter. After changing the filter, put one can of heat (no more) when you fill the tank. Also put a can of fuel injection cleaner from a parts store.
The heat will take any water out of your tank. The fuel injection cleaner will clean the fuel lines and injectors.
See if that does the trick. This is the very first place I would go.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Auto Theft Claims Master  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter