Cadillac Repair/1999 DeVille trunk close

Question
How can I adjust to close trunk lid manually without having to replace motor or switch?

Answer

This is actually easier than you think! Open trunk. Remove plastic at striker on body. Remove 15 amp fuse. Look upwards on lid and remove plastic for latch. You will see 3 10 mm head bolts (might be 11 mm (7/16) Loosen. You will note the latch has slots where it can move up or down. Move latch upward and tighten. Try closing lid like a normal trunk. If that doesn't work, readjust until you get a tight fit where you are not leaving dents from your palms closing. Reinstall plastics and you are done!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Auto Theft Claims Master

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter