Cadillac Repair/87 Cadillac won't turn over!

I have a 87 Cadillac, it doesn't click it just revs like it's not catching a spark i hear the fuel pump it has gas. When i was driving it died out and now it wont start. It died out before but it all ways restarted. Any suggestions?

I am not real sure on your description. Does the engine crank and turn over? If the engine turns over by cranking, the problem can be either in the fuel delivery system or electrical. Without being at the vehicle, no one is going to be able to accurately answer your question.

If the engine stalls frequently, the first thing I would consider is a plugged fuel filter because no one ever changes them until there is a problem.
Has the check engine or emissions light ever come on? That would be referring to a computer issue. How about a service now light coming on?

I need more information in order to assist you. Computer vehicles are not simple to repair like the good old days without them.

Auto Theft Claims Master

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.