Cadillac Repair/87Cadillac will not turn over

I cant get my caddy to turn over. I changed the ignition module, map sensor, spark plugs, coil. Its getting gas but the spark is low. It starts, but it will not turn over, any suggestions where to look next?

This is where we have a description issue. You state the engine starts but will not turn over. Generally when someone states the engine will not turn over, they mean the engine  will not crank. What I believe you are trying to say is that the engine will not run. Terminology is everything when trying to diagnose a problem over the Internet.

When you say the spark is low, I don't know what that means. Blue? Yellow? I haven't worked on one of these for years. Do you have Cal packs? (4 coils) or a conventional distributor? If a conventional distributor, did you replace the rotor and cap? With cal packs are you getting 12 volt to each coil? Are the coil wires good?

Was this engine running good before the problem? Check engine light on?
What happened before you had this problem or did one day the engine not start?

Auto Theft Claims Master

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.