Cadillac Repair/theft system problem on my 97 cadaliac elderado...

Question
QUESTION: My theft system shut down my car complete.. I have tryed the lock door thing and nothing, tryed the 10 min. A few times wait and nothing, tryed in hooking the batteries and still nothing... Someone PLEASE helpme..

ANSWER: Hello,

You need to start from scratch here because it has to be established if this car even has a factory optional alarm and if that is the problem. The ignition security is known as Vats. That is that ugly black chip embedded in yours key. All your attempts have nothing to do with that system.
Why do you think the so-called anti theft system miss the problem? Warning on dash saying may not start in 3 minutes?
It is extremely common for anti theft to be blamed when it has nothing to do with problems.
That is why I ask,what leads you to believe the problem is anti theft on a potential of 2 separate factory installed anti theft systems?
Did your problem appear intermittently before?

Http://we.autotheftexpert.com

QUESTION: No I opened the trunk with the key and not the button from inside then I went to start the far and it would not start just lights.. The dash said take key out of ignition And it said the car will not start due to theft system rather now it has 100% no power.. What do I do..

Answer
Hello,

COMMON VATS junk problem. Very common! Been through thousands of these!
If dash lights come on but nothing happens trying to start, chances are extremely good you have a broken VATS wire coming up or going down the column. The problem is you will not find the break even with an ohm meter. Very thin wires like land line telephone wires. Break inside insulation and movement puts wires back together. This is not anti theft but anti owner. Dealer will hit you $800 for ignition/ harness assy.

Movement will in most cases get the engine to start. Sometimes trying to start in different tilt positions makes a difference or putting in neutral.
If this is what is wrong contact local alarm store and tell them you need VATS bypassed. Will cost you about $60 and you will never have problem again.
If there are no lights in dash with ignition on, that is another issue, which could have been caused by all your wrongful attempts to fix.
Will get into that if we have to.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter