Cadillac Repair/defroster

Question
QUESTION: I just bought a 92 Eldorado and the defroster is stuck on and I can't figure out how to turn it off it turns off when I turn the car off but when I start the car it comes on and I can't figure out how to get it turned off

ANSWER: Hi,

I am not real sure what you have going on. If on defrost and air blowing out nowhere else. That would indicate a vacuum leak.
Do the other modes on the heater A/C work?

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com.

QUESTION: No nothing else works at all.

Answer
Hello,

Well, that answers that question. That tells me you do in fact have a vacuum issue. The problem is going to be finding it.
You will need a vacuum pump. They are not real expensive. They are hand held with a hose on it. The first place I would look is under the hood for a black plastic ball the size of a grapefruit. That is the vacuum source from the engine. f it does not hold vacuum, that is your problem.
Otherwise the heater control has to come out and you ill have to apply vacuum to that to see what mode doors are operating.

Good luck!

http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter