Cadillac Repair/2002 cadillac deville

my dash gauges light up but when I go to put in drive indicator will not tell me what gear I am in, how much gas I have, what my mileage is, or my oil life is, can it be a relay and if so which one will it be?

I no longer have factory service manual for this type of vehicle.
It is very common in questions to me that think any electrical issue is caused by a failed relay.
The truth or the matter is relays in vehicles almost never fail and the circuit you are referring to is not relay controlled anyway.
However, with that said, the very first thing you must check is all fuses. This car has multiple fuse boxes and you need to consult with your owners manual for location.
You should not be concerned with battery power fuses. You are looking for a switched power fuses. In other words, the ignition needs to be on to supply power, such as the power windows or the c stereo, and I am not referring to ascertained power option where windows will work and stereo as long as door is not opened.
Start with the fuses first and get back to me.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.