Cadillac Repair/2011 srx air not cool

How can I trouble shoot my drivers side air. The passengers works great. Its cool. But theres nothing but hot air coming out of the divers side until the car starts to cool down. Then the air gets cooler. Thank you in advance. Just can't afford a big bill at some dealership and I know you tell it like it is so at least I would have some knowledge if I have to take it in.

Never go to the dealer to repair the car. Very commonly known for parts changing and never fixing the problem. There are reputable independents out there that are as good as the dealer if not better with the same equipment.
The misnomer is that the dealer knows the car better than anyone. That is simply not true!

As for your problem, my thought is that you have a vacuum problem under the dash. Mode doors control the flow of air and are vacuum operated. If a door is not functioning for your vent, that could be the problem. Another variable is the dual climate control and there may be an issue with that.
Without being at the vehicle, it is impossible to diagnose your problem, but I think if you have the vehicle looked at in a reputable garage, I believe you will find my thoughts close to what your problem is and it shouldn't be extremely expensive to repair.

Good luck and let me know what is found.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.