Cadillac Repair/1984 cadillac deville headlights kill car when turn on

Question
hello my 1984 caddy deville just been robbed for its cd tv player in dash and i got it replaced. i notice when i drive at night ill turn my headlights on and the idle of the car will drop and then the car will just die. it drives like a champ when the headlights are off but when they come on the car power becomes weak. i could drive the car with lights on but its weak and if i stop at a red light it will just die. but turn on without a problem. i have a new battery.

Answer
Hello,

Don't know if your new system is drawing more, but will tell you it's time to check alternator output. With headlights on battery is going below 10 volts causing engine to stall. Should have 14.2 voltage engine running and everything on. Also have amperage output checks as well. A new alternator will take care of your problem as long as battery negative frame ground is good.
Let me know how it works out. Alternator not related to theft.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Auto theft investigation specialists and expert witness as to the forensics as to how reported stolen vehicle was last driven.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter