Cadillac Repair/97 cadillac deville speedometer/vss

I have a 97 cadillac deville my speedometer was stuck at zero and also it not adding the miles I travel so I replaced the vehicle speed sensor then disconnected and connected the battery but the speedometer is stuck on zero what else can be the problem

I am curious as to who told you to change the VSS and it would curecurrent your problem.
Do you have a digital Speedo or analog display?
Has this problem just started?
Did you purchase the car with this problem?
Did this event just happen one day after you parked the car?

Are there any other things electrical or electronically not functioning in the vehicle?

I also commonly recommend that owners of these older vehicles to obtain a factory service manual because it will guide you to the proper diagnosis of about any problem you ever run across.  You should be able to locate or I EBay or Craig's list.
The manual prevents you from changing perfectly good parts with no positive results.

Get back to me on my questios.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.