Cadillac Repair/'97 Caddy Deville (Concours) power seat electrical schematic

Question
I have a dead in place passenger seat.  No nothing in any direction.  I am unable to resource/reference an electrical schematic for this system, so how do I even begin a diagnosis.  I know a little bit about a little bit, but without tearing everything apart how do I know what is what.  I have been working on cars and motorcycles for 40 plus years and - by luck and God's mercy - have never been "locked-out" or "shut-down" even when the "pros" had no answers, but I am beginning to feel like a moron.  PLEASE, point me in some direction.

Answer
Keith, thank you so much for the positive feed back. I am afraid the Chilton manual at the library is going to be too general for you. The reason I recommend obtaining a factory service manual for your vehicle is that it is very specific, with diagnostic flow charts for about any issue you run across.
You would save tons of time and money with it and change the feelings about yourself from moron to expert lol!
The service manual to us dealer techs was the bible to the car. Some might not want to spend a $100 bill for one, but when you see what you are capable of with one, you are no longer in the dark.

Good luck and again, thanks.

Hello,

I do not have a schematic for a vehicle this old, but I would suggest obtaining a factory service manual from eBay or Craig's list. You will also find diagnostic flow charts.

If you have no power at the seat, the seat is not the source of your problem.
I do not know if this seat is protected with a fuse or a circuit breaker. You need to look at your owners manual to find the location of multiple fuse boxes. See if there is a blown fuse first.
If you are good there, you need to see if constant power is going to the passenger seat switch. If you have power going to the switch and nothing to the seat, you need a switch or you have a broken wire leading to the seat.
The one thing old GM vehicles are notorious for is broken wires in the boot leading from the door ham to the door. Over time they get brittle and break from opening and closing the doors. I saw this very often when some garage would diagnose a window problem as a motor, and the.motor was replaced and the window still would not go up or down. I would pull back the boot and find many broken wires that had to be repaired.
I am not saying this is your problem, however I fixed many over the years. It is not an easy job either, so pray that is not your problem.
The main thing is that you find out why there is no power at the seat. You need a constant 12 volts going there to operate the motors.

Let me know what you find.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com
Http://www.autotheftclaimsmaster.me

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter