Cadillac Repair/Dome Lights Staying one 1993 Caddy Fleetwood

Question
I was reading the forum question about a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood dome lights staying on. You suggested the jam switches could be the issue and how to check them. In my car I don't physically see any door jam switch to turn them on or off. Do you know what controls them in this case or is the jam switch hidden? Thanks, any help is appreciated. Rick

Answer
Hello,
Just wondering if you found the problem.

My memory is foggy on this and please forgive me. I have one answer here and I will give you a general link.
Scroll down and also look at the fixya link.
Do not go to justanswer because hat is a pay site.

The problem is that on many common problems, these problems and fixes are not addressed in the service manual.
It appears as though one of 4 outside door handles has a switch sticking. The first thing I would try would be to open and close each time numerous times to see if that fixes the problem.

This appears to be a common complaint in with one of the door handles controlling the dome light sticks. The problem is that I do not know how to isolate a specific door.
Go to the link, and try sub links to see if there is a way of isolating the problem down to a specific door.
If a four door, the problem most likely will be in the rear doors because they are not used as frequently.
Let me know what you find. Good luck!

My site---------

http://www.autotheftexpert.com  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter