Cadillac Repair/Battery No Charge 93 Cadillac Eldorado

Had my a/c unit charged and converted to current refrigerant yesterday in my 1993 Cadillac Eldorado. Now, next day my "battery no charge" warning light is on, but car starts fine. Any suggestions as to why this light is suddenly on?
Thank You

Your car may start now, but it won't  eventually, driving down the road and going below 10 volts, the computer won't have power and engine will stall.
With a volt meter attached to battery posts you must have a minimum of 13.2 volts at t h e battery. Otherwise you will run on battery power until the engine stalls.
You could have broken the red lead going to the alternator.
You should consult with your owners manual to determine where the multiple fuse boxes are located in the vehicle. Check the gauge fuse and replace if needed.
Otherwise, I cannot think of anything else off hand that would have created this problem.  

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.