Cadillac Repair/2000 Deville

I Have A 2000 Deville w/o the f-45 electronic suspension. The rear ELC has a arm as i understand it that tells the compressor to turn on when a load goes in the rear seat or trunk, and the arm moves. I also know it has a self test system 27 seconds after you start the car. So about a month ago the self test on my car stopped working as I no longer hear the test activate after I start car. Could this be a arm issue as I guess that is the easiest thing to check first. Where is this arm actually located. If the self test does not activate does that mean the whole system does not work or can the system still work independently with out the self check working. BTW there are no codes and all fuses are good the relay is also good but does not click on the self test.

Here is what they look like.

Its been a long time since I have worked on these. I do not remember exactly where the arm/sensor is mounted. You may even have one for each side. You should find on the left rear suspension under car. At least with pictures, you know what you are looking for. Good luck!

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.