Cadillac Repair/gas pedal noise

Question
I have a 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood sixty special and today it started to make a weird noise it's never made before n I have had this car twelve years when I press down with my foot on the gas pedal it makes a grinding Or a screeching noise and I was wondering why n what might be causing this noise n what I can n have to do to fix this new problem with my Cadillac and thank you for your time n help
Kyle

Answer

I have found it quite amazing that I have had the ability to fix problems with vehicles sometimes thousands of miles away without seeing them. Here is another situation that I can assist you with.
What I believe you have is a fraid accelerator cable.
Stranded wire fits inside a plastic tube. Over time, the wire frays and binds outside the plastic tube. These cables are common in these vehicles. They are also used for shifting the transmission.
The correction is to remove the cable assembly from the the accelerator pedal in the rear and any attaching components. Open hood Remove the grommet in the firewall. Remove the air intake ducting. Usually a couple of clips on each side. At the throttle, you will see where the cable connects.You will see a square piece of plastic with you cable slid into a bracket. With a screwdriver slide it outward. Reinstall the cable the way you removed. Your noise will be gone and the engine should be more responsive.
Good luck!
Http.www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter