Cadillac Repair/Running Brake Lights

My right rear running brake lights do not work. The brake lights work when I step on the brake and I have checked all bulbs any they are fine. I have seen a you tube video about replacing a part behind the fuse box located under the steering column? This is 2003 Cadillac escalade.

Don't touch that part under the dash. That is the brake light switch and is not the problem!
You are going to have to get to the power wire with a test light and have someone else press on the brakes to see if you have power leading to bulb.
If you do, I suspect a burned out printed circuit in the brake light. The printed circuit is actually part of the light.
If you find this to be your problem, it would be cheaper to get a taillight assembly from the junk yard.

Even working on a 2003 is not like working on a simpler version like a 93 Tahoe.

If you don't have power, you could have a bad turn signal switch inside the steering column.

Let me know what you find.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.