Cadillac Repair/99 DeVille electrical issues

Alright here it goes. The car runs great but can not roll down or up the power windows, can't use the power locks (on door or key chain), can't pop the trunk or fuel door (in car buttons or key chain), and the gas level is just dashes. Oh yeah and the radio loves this one channel every time you start the car it reverts to that channel. Is it the BCM and can you just swap and go? Any little bit of info would be really appreciated.

Hi Marty,

Wouldn't it be nice if one only had to swap the bcm?

No, there is something I remember about the filler door that related to other issues. Let me research and jar my memory.

You could have broken wires in the door boot, which is extremely common when these cars get old.
To start, open drivers door and look towards the pillar. You will see a boot. Pull it loose and see if there are broken wires.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.