Cadillac Repair/Door lock actuator

Question
How do you remove passenger front dr lock actuator to replace on 1994 Cadillac sedan Seville?

Answer

Remove trim panel on door. See if you can find a YouTube video with instructions. There are hidden screws and my memory on a specific trim panel removal from 20 years ago is foggy.
Once you remove trim panel, you will find there are parts located inside the door that are riveted to the inside of the steel door frame.
Follow the door lock linkage to the door lock actuator. Once located, use a 1/4 drill bit to drill the head off the rivets. Remove the actuator and disconnect wiring. Be careful, the door edges are sharp.
Replacement:
A standard rivet gun will not work for 1/4 rivets.
I recommend getting 1/4 x 3/4 bolts. For clearance, bolts need to be installed from the inside of the door. Use a flat washer, lock washer and nut. Tighten and install the next bolt, tighten. Make sure you had installed the wiring and connector. Check operation. Reinstall trim panel. Should take someone not experienced less than an hour.

Http://www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter