Cadillac Repair/Door lock actuator

How do you remove passenger front dr lock actuator to replace on 1994 Cadillac sedan Seville?

Removed the door trim panel. There are hidden screws, so look this up on the internet. Once trim panel is removed, inside the lower portion of the door, the door actuator will be seen.
The actuator is riveted to the door with 1/4" rivets. The standard rivet gun will not accept rivets that large, so you may consider a couple 1/4 x 3/4 bolts with flat washers, a lock washer and but for each. If doing this, the bolts have to be installed from the inside of the door for proper clearance.
To remove the rivets, use a 1/4 drill bit on the head until the rivet breaks free.
You will need to remove the two wire connection from the actuator. Reattach to new and reinstall they hardware linkage you removed. Check operation. Reinstall trim.
For inexperienced, should take less than an hour.

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter

Alarm system questions cannot be answered on this forum. These systems are not what I can answer. Without being physically at the vehicle and not knowing what kind of electrical service has been done on the vehicle, there is no possible way to give an accurate answer over the internet. My expertise is in Ignition/key based anti-theft systems. These issues include GM VATS (resistor chip in key blade) PASSLOCK (MRD)-ignition lock rotation based, no special ignition key and the PKIII Transponder (computer chip in key) systems. These systems are not alarm based and are integral with the starting of the engine. This is why I cannot diagnose alarm problems without physically looking at the vehicle: Alarm systems are a completely different annimal than ignition key/lock based anti-theft system. Many alarm questions come from vehicles 10 years old, and since older, many hands that had been involved over the years.I am an expert in all GM factory (ignition/key based)systems. Alarm system questions pose to many situations beyond my knowledge as to what has been done to the vehicle over the years. Some guy may have actually wired the stereo into the alarm system. Who knows? Over my past 30 years in vehicle wiring repair, I have seen unbelievable wiring disaters done by guys that consider themselves "mechanics." I have seen stereos and alarms intalled using surgical tape. I have seen modules burn up, un-fused circuits, wiring jambed between the doors and even lamp cord used for a starter kill. To answer alarm questions over the internet without examining the vehicle is like asking; What does it take to remove a dent?

Education/Credentials-ASE certified. 11 years with a GM dealer and 17 years with a repair facility dealing with only the repair of theft recovered vehicles.