Cadillac Repair/04 cadillac deville blows in back seat but not front

Question
I have a 04 cadillac deville dts. The heat and ac will not blow in the front of the car but the ones in the backseat will blow heat and ac. What do I need to do to fix this? What is causing this?

Answer
Hello,

The most likely answers are not that hard to determine but locating the problem that can be more difficult.
To prevent from guessing and replacing parts that did not have to be replaced costing you time, money and frustration, I highly recommend obtaining a factory service manual. Do not screw around with general information with Haynes, Chilton or the like.
You should be able to purchase one on EBay or Craig's. In my view, this is one of the best investments for older cars is the factory service manual, because even the novice can fix anything wrong with the car.
Diagnostic flow charts will walk you through just about any problem you may encounter over the years.
I am not at the vehicle to determine the flow of the a/c and heat to the rear, which puts me at a disadvantage answering your question. From your discription, there are only two things that I feel could be your problem. One would be a bad blower and the other would be a vacuum issue.
Direction of air flow is controlled by vacuum lines and mode doors. A pinched or broken vacuum hose, a stuck or binding mode door can create a situation that air does not flow where it is supposed to go.The manual is required to locate these hoses in order to diagnose and repair these problems.
To check the blower motor which should be mounted under the hood in the passenger side close to the firewall, have the ignion on with blower speed of he high. Put your hand on the blower and see if it is operating. If not go to glove box and check owners manual for multiple fuse boxes and check blower fuse.
There are many more steps for diagnoses here. Some will change the blower motor to find there was another problem. Having a service manual prevents that and proper diagnoses for xes the problem the first time.

Good luck!

Www.autotheftexpert.com

Cadillac Repair

Rob Painter